Saturday, August 7, 2010

Boing, Boing, Boing, Boing, Boing...

My mind feels like a giant pinball machine. Thoughts bouncing from one topic/problem/celebration to another. Makes me feel like I'm having mood swings. *cringe*

I really enjoyed today. I lost .4. Maybe not an excellent number, but at this point, it's not a GAIN. :) This week I am celebrating a HUGE non-scale victory. I calculated my BMI when I started this whole thing. 33. That's classified as OBESE. Scary. Really scary. So I calculated my BMI this week. 26. YAHOO!!! I'm now classified as overweight, but I'm only 1 point away from being classified as healthy!!!! This is a huge thing for me! I have never been obese (or overweight) in my entire life.

In high school, my BMI was around 22. All the time. Mostly because I was in band and kept very active. Once I got in college, I wasn't sedentary, but I also was let free with all the greatest food I could ever learn to enjoy. So I gained a little weight, and I was concerned, but it wasn't at drastic measures. Then I returned home, started working at a desk and was still loose with all the food I could possible dream; and I had money(from working) to spend on junk food, eating out, etc. Then it snowballed and I was in such a great denial that when I went to the doctor's office, I seriously thought I was 30 pounds lighter than I was.

The one thing that always confused me was that during the whole process, I had no idea I was on a road to disaster. I honestly had no idea I was almost 80 pounds overweight. It floors me. I think back, and look at pictures and think "how in the heck did I look at myself and not think there was a HUGE problem? Literally! I still wonder if my doctor hadn't kicked me in the butt, how long I would have let it continue.

I went to Goodwill today because the first Saturday of every month is 50% off day, well this weekend is also tax free weekend. How much did I spend? $75. How much did I save? $75 +tax :) I hit the JACK POT. It made me feel great to fit into the clothes I never thought I would. I did not try on one black top, and I only bought one black item: an adorable black skirt. My wardrobe now has MORE color!!!

We had family over tonight, and it was great. My sister gave me a belated birthday gift - a gift certificate to Darden company restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Bahama Breeze) and I already know at which one I am going to use it! She said she got the idea from this post. How exciting! If you're reading this, thanks bunches again! I can't wait!!!

While I was browsing posts to get the link for that last paragraph, I came across this post, with how incredibly scared I was of going to the Orthopedic Surgeon because I thought that cleaning out my shoulder wouldn't be enough. Amazing how a week and lots of tests/answers can change my perspective. I'm not scared of the "big kahuna" surgery as I called it in this post, it's the one I'm having. And I am going to be typing one-handed for weeks (hopefully that plural only extends to two), and it's not that scary to me. Interesting. Very interesting. :)

We had drinks, and I didn't have much. I wasn't really in the mood. There are really only a few drinks really worth the points, and I drank a lot last weekend at the Brewer's fest and then the wine at the restaurant this week and blah blah blah.

Well, that's a lot of soul baring. I'm going to go deal with the *huge* pile of clothes on my chair and try to get to bed at a decent hour.

Hope you enjoy the title, because it took me the last 45 minutes, and 10 google searches to make sure I spelled it right to come up with it. :)

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment