Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wait, it's WEDNESDAY already?!?!?!?!?!

Okay, I know today's Thursday, but I meant to blog this yesterday, but yesterday happened, and I need to stop using that as an excuse. The beginning of my weeks have FLOWN by and suddenly here I am at Thursday, and I only remember the beginning as a blur unless I sit and really think about it, which I don't really have time to do, ironically. These last few weeks I have been beefing up my social schedule wherever possible, which results things to do on most nights. I have also started walking at night while catching up on one of my 6 shows per night, 5 of said shows come on on Monday and Tuesday, so I have plenty of material for all week. Having things on most nights conflicts with that. I'm still working on making my schedule work for me, trying to set boundaries, and recently, I just can't get up in the morning early enough to be presentable at work, so night time it is.

Here's the worry that comes with all the new social events: Is my social calendar getting in the way of my weight loss? Wow, that's a heavy one. Deep and heavy this early! But I don't have to choose! The learning experience in all of this is that I can have my cake and eat it too! I can be social and learn (as my mom says), it's not the last chocolate chip cookie in the world. I truly can have only one (or none!)! It may take me a week or two more to have this really sink in, but I'm going to work on my weight loss and my social calendar and get a balance. Neither is going to take a back seat. Maybe a passenger seat, but not in the back.

So if I don't have enough things on my calendar, I am going to Bartending School. I'm so excited! I have an interview thing on Friday (TOMORROW). I will probably start that in September (which will make it finish around the first week of October). It will be a great way to make a little extra money on the side to help ease my financial concerns, though that's not the only/main reason I'm doing this. I like to expand my skills and learn new things. LOVE IT!

I'm off to get my MRI results.

Until next time.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment