Saturday, August 28, 2010

The older you get the faster it goes.

So true, even at my young age. This week flew by! I cannot believe it's Saturday! Work went well this week, I was in pain a little, but it was not for the most part major. I was very productive even with only one arm. Work smarter, not harder. :) The steri-strips came off and I found an extra hole, so I have 4, not 3 like I originally thought. I know you were just dying to know that tidbit. :)


This week I lost the two pounds I gained last week. No real surprise there, I was let out to play with the other kids and stopped taking the oxycodon.


When I entered my weight on eTools, it showed my stats (average) for the last 8 weeks. On average, I have stayed the exact same, and the total weight lost over the past 8 weeks is 0.2. That is very interesting to me. Looking at my overall stats (from November 7th to present), my average is 1 per week (not too shabby) and 40 total. This is the 4th time I have hit 40 pounds after a gain the week before. Very, very interesting.


This would normally be the time for some strict pep talk on where I'm going, and another outraged post on all the things I'm going to to achieve with lofty goals, but this is not the time or place. I can't run because of my shoulder, can't do a whole lot except walk for that matter, and only a bit at a time, so the weight is going to have to come off because of the food. Right now it's a bit unrealistic to measure everything I eat, because it took 30 minutes on average to prepare a meal (not counting breakfast) and that was with two capable hands. I really hate to use it as an crutch, but unfortunately, it is and I have to accept that!! I need to learn how to eyeball portions, and what a better time! I am not as capable as I used to be, and that's just how it is. Now, here are a few things I can continue/start to do:


-Measure my cereal and milk. Not hard tasks, and I can still fix that myself with little time added.
-Restart tracking. The week before surgery, I stopped and haven't started back.
-Blog my feelings more so I'm not tempted to eat them. I'm going through a lot emotionally right now and I don't need another hurdle in my journey. Not now. A lot of my blog has recently been about my shoulder, and it will still hover, but I won't hide my weight loss "struggles" behind updates of the crippled limb. :)
-Go back to eating a smaller dinner and a bit bigger lunch, and following the plate division: 1/2 vegetable/fruit, 1/4 protein, 1/4 bread.
-I'm going to listen to my stomach and stop when I'm full.
-Work myself up to 1 mile. This may take two weeks, but I'm not going to push myself past where I feel comfortable just for a goal date (I'm not about to risk injury), so I'm going to make it a wide goal date; by the time I have my next Dr appointment (where we discuss the possibility of waning off the sling) in 24 days.
-I would like to walk 3 times this week. This may or may not be feasible, depending on physical therapy I start next week. PT may kill me or it may not. It was painful the first time, and that's before someone cut into me.


Those are what I can brainstorm now,it all seems basics, but a good reminder now and again never hurt me. If I continue to think of things I can do to keep me healthy, I'll be sure to share. :)


Now it's your turn. Have you had something major happen (doesn't have to be surgery) and how did it effect you (doesn't have to relate to weight loss)? Feel free to drop me a note by e-mail or Face book if you don't want to post it to the whole WWW.


Until next time,
:)

2 comments:

  1. Leigh,glad you are doing well. Can not email because I can not find email address for you.
    There is a place to add it on your profile.
    You can always make a gmail account dedicated to this blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would help, huh? Posted to my profile, its leighehill@gmail.com.

    :)

    ReplyDelete