Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm the mayor of Leighville

Yes, that's how I feel right now. Picture this: a girl who has been more of a social butterfly lately sees no one except her Mom and step-Dad for 5 whole days. NO ONE. The first time I've gone further than the driveway since I came home from surgery Monday morning was this morning, and that was to weigh in at weight watchers, I didn't stay for the meeting, so I saw a total of 10 people, and was away from the house for a grand total of 20 minutes. After that 20 minutes, with of course the 15 minutes it took me beforehand to change my shorts and don a sweater, I was exhausted. Taking a shower takes twice as long and I'm about ready to pass out from exhaustion when I'm done that someone has too keep an ear out to make sure I survive and don't break anything.

I'm supposed to go see the doctor on Tuesday, and go back to work if he releases me. Have no idea how I'm going to pull that off at my current lasting rate. I guess we'll just see where the cards fall.

Well, this week's weigh in went exactly as I expected. I gained 2.4. Here's the thing: I'm not the least bit upset. The most exercise I've gotten has been walking from my room into the kitchen, three times each day, and the 5 steps into the restroom. I have spent all week in bed taking pills that make me retain water, drinking water, and the sling counts for a pound in there somewhere - they didn't deduct extra. So all in all I'm actually kind of impressed.

I have a lot more to say, but my left arm is about to give out completely. Maybe tomorrow.

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment