Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'll wait until after . . . .

We've all heard it. I joined Weight Watchers at the beginning of November last year, so Holiday season was about to start. I heard my leader tell us people say that all the time. I didn't believe here until I heard someone say it at work. I heard it again this week. It still baffles me.

We've all said it. I'll wait until after the Holidays to get serious about eating better and exercising. I'll wait until after my birthday. People, there are 11 Federal Holidays each year, and 30 observed. That's 41, or almost one each week! So how are we supposed to wait until after the holidays when they happen all year? Well, I don't. I learned to work around the holidays. For instance, on Valentine's, the couples holiday (I'm single), I normally drown my loneliness in a few boxes of chocolates. This year I had a few pieces of chocolate. BIG difference. I worked it into my points and it was a normal event. No more over eating and then feeling guilty and so on. You have to stop the process somewhere.

I haven't decided if my increased appetite is a reaction to hormones (go figure), impending surgery (for which I am starting to get nervous), or I'll wait until after the surgery to get back on track (a.k.a. I have too many things on my plate).

When I figure it out, I'll let you know. Now I'm going to go try to sleep. HA! If I blog again in about a half an hour, it's because that attempt was for naught.

Until next time,
:)

1 comment: