Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'll take it!

I find myself in an interesting place. Confused, for one. I went to weigh in last week and thought for sure I was going to maintain/gain. I stepped on the scale, read the number, and said, oh good, I maintained. She said, no you lost (they take 2 pounds off for clothes and shoes). I lost 2 pounds. I am flabbergasted. I guess it's the same logic as I work harder than ever and gain. I'm a woman, I should stop being confused. So, YAY! I lost 2 pounds! Go me!

This week, well I don't know. I ran yesterday while waiting for AAA to come get the truck, and I ran a mile in a little over 9 minutes. It just about killed me and I never want to do that again. At least for now. This week, I feel like I would imagine pregnant women feel. I want to eat everything in sight. And out of sight. I'm trying to drink lots of water and Diet Dr Pepper to squash the craving.

I realized a few moments ago that I had not blogged in a week. *cringe* Right now, I have a lot on my mind that doesn't necessarily pertain to weight and I guess I didn't feel it was important enough to put in words. Maybe I wouldn't crave everything if I did.

I'm going to the doctor again tomorrow for my right shoulder (trip #3). I am now in constant pain. The next step is referral to Orthopedic Surgeon. See that last word? Scares me silly, I'm not going to lie. The best solution at this point is for them to go in and clean out my shoulder. Hopefully that will fix it. Otherwise, I'm going to have to have the big kahuna surgery, that will put me typing one handed for weeks. WEEKS. I would assume that also means no running *GASP*. My mind runs wild with possibilities. Everyone keeps telling me the cleaning will fix it, but this is me we're talking about. My body has not proven to be cooperative. I'm expecting the worst. That will allow me to be pleasantly surprised. The real kicker? My left shoulder is starting to ache when I sit still too long, or do certain tasks (that was the beginning of the right shoulder saga). Wonderful. It doesn't hurt nearly as bad as my right shoulder, so I barely notice it, but it's there.

I'm feeling a little trapped financially. I have goals I would like to meet, and I'm never going to meet them if things like expensive doctor visits keep appearing. I have already resigned to do something locally for vacation next year. No big trip. That is a defeating feeling. It'll just have to wait.

Another depressing moment this last week: My canoe trip for Saturday got cancelled *sniff sniff* because not enough people were interested. I'm planning on going hiking tomorrow, caving next Saturday, White Water Rafting the Saturday after that, and another canoe trip has been scheduled for Aug 28. All this will be ultra fun.

Something I'm loving right now? All the selection of fantastic TV Shows. One of my favorites right now is White Collar on USA. A very funny show. :)

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment