Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

Some background on the title would be helpful. Have you heard of a game called Mille Bornes (pronounced Meal Born)? From Wikipedia:
"French for a thousand milestones, referring to the stone distance markers on many French roads"
In the game, you have cards with numbers of miles on them and the first player to 1000 miles wins. There are a lot of other parts of flair along with the basics, but the basics are all I need for the purposes of this post. When we play this game (or any game for that matter) with my dad, there are always hilarious sound effects to his plays. When he overcomes an obstacle and plays more mileage, we either get "Rollin', Rollin', Rollin" or "On the road again" (which is a song by Willie Nelson).

I have hit a major milestone today! I lost 3.4 pounds (yes, 3.4!!!), which brings me to a grand total of 40.2!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!

I've already been hard at work planning today. It looks as if I will be able to make my next goal on or around 8/14 (48 total pounds lost, 174.6) and the goal after that will be the GOAL goal. The big kahuna; the final milestone. How exciting! I can see it, smell it, feel it! The final goal is 157 (right now) and 65.6 total pounds lost. That means I have only 25.4 to go!!! 7.8 to my next mini-goal and 17.6 to the final goal after that. My goal for hitting my goal is no later than October 30. That will mark 1 week before 1 year on Weight Watchers (November 7). My aim is going to be to reach that goal by October 9, which is the Saturday before I go back to my Doctor for my annual check-up (this is the Doctor that gave me the kick in the seat of my pants). This is also the Saturday before my mom and I go on a day trip shopping to places exciting! October 9 is 13 weeks away and I would need to lose an average of 2 pounds per week each week. Now that I'm getting thinner, it's going to be difficult to pull such large numbers as we get closer to time. Getting to my goal on October 30 will require an average of 1.5 pounds per week, which may turn out to be a little more manageable. I am going to continue to measure, track, and run and let the numbers fall where they will. I know they will regardless.

Wish me luck: I get to practice eating in social situations today. Family is coming over. I have all the items we will eat, I'll be figuring out points this morning and inputting new recipes into the database so I will be prepared and can plan out my dinner with family and then work backwards to plan lunch/snacks so I won't be hungry when they get here. Then I'm going to stick to my plan and revel in my victorious week! Tomorrow afternoon, I am going to work in eating out at lunch one day this week. And I'm going to make good choices and not feel guilty. I have my weekly 35 (that I haven't hardly been using the past 3 weeks) that I can lean on if necessary.

Until next time,
:)

1 comment: