Monday, July 19, 2010

That's Need to Know

Last night was wonderful. I fully enjoy my own company. No boring conversation, no awkward pauses, etc. Now, if I was with someone who's company I truly enjoy, that might be different. I was watching TV yesterday afternoon and was running through the schedule for the rest of the night. I realized I would be dining along (internal sigh of happiness) and then realized that I had not accounted for someone here and that I would not be dining alone (external sigh of resign - not because of the person, but because I was really wanting to be completely alone). So, I thought about it, and it had been quite a while since I had dressed up and gone out to eat. Alone. A passion I quite enjoy. So I did. I put on a dress, twisted my hair up, put on very nice heels, and perfume and went to Olive Garden. And loved every minute of it!

The service was divine and the food was, as always, phenomenal. I had 2 bread sticks (2 points each), 2 glasses of peach tea (0 points), a glass of Riesling wine (2 points), and my dish was Venetian Apricot Chicken (7 points, but I only ate 1/4 of my plate, so that's 1.5 points). Total for dinner: 7.5 points. Total for the day: 23.5 points. Total daily points allowance: 25 points. WAHOO! A great victory for me! You know what was even better. This cost me $3. I had a gift card. :) Things just lined into good places last night. I didn't trip, or spill food on myself. It was fabulous.

I was so serenely happy I cried tears of pure joy on the way home. Then of course I learn my family has been having fun at my expense going into a tizzy over whether or not I was on a date and with whom. (lots and lots of outward sighs, groans, rages of frustration, and bad words on my part). This all stemmed from me telling my overly nosy sister "that's need to know" when she asked where and with whom I was going. I gave no details, tried to keep that part of my life private and it only fed gossip. ARE WE 12 YEARS OLD AGAIN? Then when I got home and confronted (not my style; I'm really more passive aggressive), they all told me they were having fun running the possibilities and not to spoil their fun, by being upset. They also told me that I looked/smelled good and so there had to be a date. HA! 1. Spoil their fun?!?!?! Okay, right. This is MY life! 2. It is not a crime and is recommended to dress up for ones self. If you don't like how you look, how can you expect any one else to? Ridiculous. Last time I tell them anything. Because they had so much fun with "that's need to know", that's all they're going to get from now on. Unfortunately most of the joy of the evening was lost when I came home. Sad, huh? I think so. Now I want a vacation alone. But the location/timing is TBD.

Back to the food. This would be one of those non-scale victories that I could use right now, since I didn't get an on the scale victory this week. Up 1 pound. Okay. Last week was an interesting week really, and to be honest, I was expecting a little worse. Working much later than scheduled Wednesday-Friday probably didn't help. This week will be better.

Until next time,
:)

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I, too am up a pound this week. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I love that you dressed up and went out to eat with yourself! How fun. It IS true. Sometimes if I'm feeling sort of low in the mornings, I make myself wear something nice hoping that it'll make me feel a little better about myself for the day.

    ReplyDelete