Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's "week 2" all over again!

I gained a pound. Not really what I entirely expected, but I understand why. When you begin to lose weight, week 1 is usually really good. Week 2 is always a disappointment. Always. The body thinks it's going to be starved because it's not used to this new way of eating (instead of stuffing) and so it goes into a shock of sorts. It retains things it usually wouldn't. If the plan is stuck to on week 3, the body adjusts and weight loss usually continues. A common occurrence is for people to see not as big of a weight loss (or in some cases, a gain) and think well that's it and give up. I am NOT one of those people. I know the deal and I'm going to stick with it. So there. I was also sick this week - a great week to be sick actually :). Now that I'm better, I get to start this week with a vengeance. I'm going to stick to the same goals. We're doing a rewind/repeat :).

My weight loss goal is going to be 2.5 this week. 1 to lose the pound I gained and 1.5 to keep with my 1.5 per week goal. With that logic, the goal should really be 3, but it's not. That will be my *hope/aim*.
My exercise goal is going to stay the same as it was last week. I am going to concentrate on running the whole mile, and would like to do it in under 12 minutes. All 4 times I will run this week. Barring any illness of course. Health first :)

I have found a disturbing trend that is evidence of a lack of confidence. I have found even if I have a great week, starting Friday night I start getting really nervous for Saturday AM weigh in. I don't know why, but I do. Last week, for example. I had a GREAT week, and Friday night I was really nervous. Did I do enough? Did I expect too much from myself? Did I create a hype to which I will only be disappointed and depressed? I had some pretty aggressive goals last week, and was pretty adamant about keeping them. I had a does pride really come before the fall? moment. It was disheartening. Until I stepped on the scale. Now last week, it went so far in the other direction, I'm still in shock. This week, well I guess I did have reason to be nervous. I am going to try and head in the mindset direction of if I did my best, that's all I can do. If I didn't do my best, nervous OK, but if I did my best, I have every reason to be confident in myself.

So at WW today, we talked about planning for vacations. Evidence Summer really is here. One of the suggestions is that if you are going to splurge on going out etc, to really make it count; to eat something you don't have near home. I don't believe we have a German restaurant here, but there was one in Colorado when I went and I decided I've never had German food before that I can remember, so I'm going to try it. I had pizza with apples and other things I don't remember but I wouldn't think to put on pizza. It was fantastic! Well worth the splurge. I did a WW trick and split it all in half and took the other half home and ate it for dinner. YAY for me! The only exception to this was the first night I had to order Pizza Hut because I got to the hotel around 9, hadn't eaten since early afternoon, and I didn't have a car yet (rental car drama! long story).

We also talked about how to deal with stress other than turning to food. So I didn't do this one so well. With all the rental car drama, I ate an entire box of oreos and drank 1/2 gallon of milk with it. That's 63.5 points for the oreos and 11 for the milk. YIKES right? Well I still don't feel guilty and here's why. After that lapse in judgement, instead of feeling guilty for eating the oreos and then eating MORE oreos, I chose frozen vegetables instead. I got the steamed peas and corn that all you had to do was take the bag out of the freezer and stick it in the microwave for 5 minutes and TA DA! That would be 4 points thank you. BIG difference.

I would definitely recommend when traveling to get a hotel room that has a kitchenette with a refrigerator, stove/oven, and a microwave. It was well worth it for me to buy Breakfast at the local grocery for the week and only eat out a few meals during the week. My hotel room was apartment style, with living room and all, it was GREAT!

I have figured out I cannot sit in my desk chair and blog. I have to be sitting in my arm chair with my feet propped up. I had writer's block until I made myself comfortable in the arm chair and then the words just flowed out. Go figure.

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment