Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Losing weight is 80% what you put in your mouth

Try and tell me I'm wrong. Go ahead. I will delete your post. :) No seriously, it's true and this week I get to prove it. I believe me eating too much brought on a sickness I cannot describe. Basically, I'm tired all the time, feel nauseous in the morning and when I attempt to walk across my room - that's about 15 feet - I have to collapse into a chair because my legs are jelly and my heart rate is 160. From walking across the room. So pretty much, I have been confined to my room since Monday morning unless I go upstairs to eat...and I only have enough energy for 45 minutes tops for that. I was upstairs for 2 hours for dinner tonight, and I'm thoroughly exhausted.

With all this said, I get to subtitle this post "Amendment 2". Unfortunately, I'm going to have to push my exercise goals off until next week, or when I'm all the way better, which ever comes...... well it won't really matter if next week comes first if I don't feel well next week, they'll still have to wait. That's the thing with mysterious illnesses; I never really know how long they are going to last or what they are going to do. For instance, I took something to sleep Monday night. What time did I FINALLY fall asleep? 5:45. Yes, that would be 0545 for those confused. I slept until 7:30 and got ready, under some weird illusion that I was going to go to work today; went upstairs, made my breakfast, and halfway through, I was sweating bullets and couldn't stand up anymore, so I stumbled downstairs, called my boss and almost lay down before I bolted into the bathroom and....well use your imagination. I'm not saying it in writing. If you really want to know, ask me later.

So I feel marginally better tonight. My hope is to be able to get past making breakfast tomorrow morning and actually get to work. I think my body is rebelling against turning one year older or something. I'm not that old! I swear my body thinks I'm 70 or something. Ridiculous.

I am still going to uphold my goal of 1.5 pounds this week. Being that 80% of losing weight is what you eat, and last week the way I ate/exercised I lost 5 pounds, I figure 80% is 4 pounds, I think this will be possible, if not simple. We'll see. No exceptions though. Everything measured and tracked before eaten. Yesterday I had 5 unused points and today I had 8.5 unused points, on the account of being sick of course. We'll see how this whole thing progresses when I actually feel the energy to eat.

You know, the Mr. and Mrs. Smith soundtrack is great blogging music. He he. Makes me feel like I'm working against some secret clock to get it finished before the enemy comes in and destroys me. I watch WAY too much James Bond. :) No hating please. :)

I like movies. A lot. I just watched The Devil Wears Prada and got to laugh at Emily's cheese cube "diet". She eats nothing and when she feels like she is going to faint of hunger, she eats a cube of cheese. Sounds great huh? Well if I didn't eat, I'd probably eat the whole bag. HA! Really though, my parents never have to worry about me being anorexic. I'm borderline anemic, so if I don't eat, after about 5-6 hours, I start getting woozy. And then my brain stops working as a cue that it's time to concentrate on food. And then I eat a mountain of food from the nearest fast food place, since it's normally when I forget to go to lunch from being so busy at work and I have to run out and grab something quick. It's pretty humorous to watch actually. Well, until I go to calculate the points for said meal. That's not usually the forefront thing on my brain, food is. Which is why I eat no later than 12:30. And I eat at home. Avoids the whole mess.

I'm about to go off the grid. I'm going to say something, and you probably won't agree. That's fine. Let me stress that this is my opinion, it is no way fact. Just a thought I've been mulling around.

Let's use a hypothetical situation (since I'm never going to be in the real one). If I were to get married, and I had a high stress job, with weird hours etc, as might happen, I believe I would need someone with the same type of job, and who understands what weird hours are. It just makes things easier that way. I was thinking about this while watching my movie. The two characters are in such different jobs that it creates a break between them. When she moves down into a more calm environment, all is okay; or at least it seems that way. This is a MOVIE we're talking about. It's why Booth and Brennan work so well (from Bones) and why Gibbs has been married 4 times (it's really only the reason for the last 3) (from NCIS). Just a thought. If both partners were in calm jobs, I guess the type of job wouldn't matter as much, but if it's on call a lot, like at a hospital or law enforcement, someone who worked a similar job would be important. Look at Mr. and Mrs. Smith: once they stopped trying to kill each other and worked together, great things happened! Just a thought. :)

Until next time,
:)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better today, Leigh! :) That sounds like noooo fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I have work and a child to care for while Christopher works his crazy schedule it actually does help me understand his work lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete