Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?

The answer is a definite "NOT ME" and here's why. I practiced one of the habits of successful members (from Weight Watchers book 4) today (tonight). Ask for help. This is HARD for me. Really hard. Really, really hard. Really, really, real...you get the point.

All day today, I have had this craving for sweets. Luckily the only thing sweet I keep at my desk is applesauce. 1 point and I resisted because I knew I wanted pizza for dinner tonight and had just enough points to make that happen. So after resisting all day (or week rather), I felt a little, oh shall we say, withdrawn. So I had two cookies after dinner. And then the only thing I could think about from that point on was how to get more cookies. Without anyone knowing. Yes, for two whole hours, all I thought about was cookies. I've used this phrase before, but it fits: bloody infuriating. So I take my sleepy pills that work really well and I come downstairs to start scheming how to get cookies after all go to bed. Literally. So I march right back upstairs, while they are all awake and very boldly request that the cookies disappear. I then come back downstairs and have a strawberry smoothie bar. Not planned, but the 1 point bar is far better than the large amounts of cookies I was going to inhale. What I need to do is go back to the store, buy Vita Tops and have that with the key lime pie fiber one yogurt and fat free whipped topping for dessert nightly. Not only is it a lot of food, I get more bang for my buck, so to speak. The whole thing (about 1 1/2 cups)? 2 points. Yes that's right. 2 points. Ingredients? Yogurt = 0 points, Vita top = 1 point, fat free whipped topping (6 tbsp!) 1 point.

All this is putting into practice another habit: learn from experience. Something I'll be doing a little bit of tonight/tomorrow.

So, lets back up to why I didn't post last night, as a nightly post seems to be the thing. Yesterday was a very rough day. First, I took the sleepy pills too late on Monday evening, so I barely woke up in time for work. So did I run? That would be a no. I will make it up. Then, I have a very mentally exhausting day at work. I mean wow. My co-workers were all at home for various reasons, so I was by myself in my mini-department, which for some, would be great, but I am still the lone person in the office department, which means if someone has a question, I get asked. There are lots of questions, and fires that happened yesterday. I am especially peeved at a shipment company that shall remain nameless. Really? Your job is to deliver packages. How hard is it really to lose a package from where I shipped it to 20 miles away to it's destination. A week later and they still haven't found it. #*&#*&%(@&$%)&_(*#%&*(). Second time this week.

Yesterday, I ordered an i-touch, for the sole purpose of being able to have the Weight Watchers mobile app. There will be plenty of other benefits to this technology as well. Then I go upstairs for breakfast to find that my parents were seriously considering getting me that for my birthday, which is coming up. Quickly. %&#(*&$#(*%$&)(*#$(%)*$*(#. Really??? I ought to know better!

All this to say, this is a learning experience for me. I have to remember that I'm not done. I have the tendency to say, gosh, I look and feel good! and forget that I'm aiming for the final goal - to look and feel my best!!!

Until next time,
:)

1 comment:

  1. Ok girl, we need to talk. From someone who has been where you're at many, many, many times...I can see what's happening. I will send you a Facebook message in a little bit.

    ReplyDelete