Sunday, June 27, 2010

Turns out it's not so easy to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time!

So it may be apparent to those that know me that I fully enjoy studying and learning about people. When I am engrossed in conversations with people around whom I enjoy being, I lost track of pretty much all else. This is where the walking/chewing bubble gum reference - which I can actually do; yes please call Ripley's Believe it or Not. This loss of track would include how much I'm eating. Seems the only thing there is to do with my hands that doesn't make me look nervous or anxious. Guess it's something I have to work through. Or learn to nurse a very large cup of water. After I got started, it was a little hard to stop once I finally did notice what was happening, then I was eating just to eat. ACK! What got me here in the first place.

But I tracked every bite. Every single one. It was not fun. At all. I am not going to lie to you. Not one little bit, but I did it, and tomorrow I will do better. I REFUSE to throw my whole week out the window because of one day. REFUSE. I went 10.5 points over my points today. But you know what I'm not going to do? I'm not going to spend time beating myself up over it. I AM going to learn from it, but I refuse to make myself the subject of a lecture. It will only make me feel more guilty, which will lead to more food, more guilt, more food, more guilt. YIKES - it's a terrible cycle. I have my weekly 35 for situations just as such. I consider myself blessed this lesson was learned on a Sunday instead of Friday. I have time to recover, gracefully, of course.

Instead of starting the above-named cycle, I am going to go to bed, with the help of the anti-histamine since I'm too scared to go to sleep without something, I'm going to get up in the morning, run, and start a whole new day. One where I am going to consciously watch my food and continue to train myself for social eating instead of they let me loose without my measuring cups and tracker - YUM. Well I can't claim I was without my tracker, I had my iTouch. For what did I purchase the sucker? That's right, to track with more mobility. Yup, lesson learned. Next. I'll never forget that - or live it down once my Mom reads this (love you Mom :). It looks like a flipping iPhone, so people will assume I'm just, well doing something you would do on an iPhone. I don't really know, I don't have one. :)

Well folks, it's late. And I have to get up in the morning, remember? Cheers to fresh starts. I'll be cheering with water, of course. :)

Until next time,
Leigh

2 comments:

  1. Leigh, your writing is so engaging, I read all the way to the bottom my first visit! Thanks for sharing your story; it's a gift.

    I know a way to solve all of your money problems...publish this blog in chapters in a book with this same color scheme and name, "Curious LeighBee," and subtitle it with something similar to the "about me" blurb at top right..."my story of being a (mostly) grown up..." Seriously, your writing and your story really draw the reader in - I get to experience your thought processes just like you did.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously awesome! You made me laugh, which is no easy task when I first wake up.
    I have been on Weight Watchers myself.
    Great program, once you are on it, you don't forget. Life is broken down to ediable points, even when you are finished with your weight loss goal. Get my point:

    Your writing style is great. Reading your entry
    was like having an outloud conversation with you.
    Great stuff!
    Cheers to you, Leigh.

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete