Saturday, June 19, 2010

I think I'm in the middle of the woods.

Hello, 411? I think I am lost. Where am I? Well how the heck should I know? Doesn't this thing have a GPS signal in it? (a.k.a can't you do all the work to pull me out of this mess I created??). Okay, I believe I am in the middle of the woods. How did I get here? Well, I saw a pretty flower to photograph and so I made a good excuse to stray from the path and then nothing bad happened so I made another excuse to go farther, and even though there were consequences, they weren't really that bad, and it was worth the pictures I took, so I let it slide. Then the big thunderstorm came and I got jolted by lightening being so close to the large trees and carrying electronic equipment and I figured I was already here so why not enjoy it. I think I am now running the wrong direction and going further into the woods instead of trying to get back out. It doesn't look like a fun trek back to the path. It's hard and uphill. Hello? I think they hung up on me.

Sound familiar? Sounds like the last few weeks for me. I created a mind jolt this morning after I gained .8 this week. That would be in the incorrect direction for those who are confused. And I do not want to hear the it's only .8, that's not that much. What's the big deal? Nope, if you look at the history over the past 13 weeks, you will see the big deal. This is a consistent thing. And in this case, consistency is NOT good. I made a plan; things I am going to do this week to get fully out of the woods and back onto the path. Here they are:

  1. I am going to run every morning except Saturday. Yes that includes Sunday, when I get up insanely early anyways. It's going to be hard and I'm going to want to whine, but nope, it's time to toughen up.
  2. Today I am going to take a brisk walk, probably after dinner, and it will be small, probably 1/2 mile, and the dog will probably accompany. It will be good ponder time; so expect a deep thinking blog post afterwards. I will make this a habit. And do this after dinner walking at least 3 times this week.
  3. I'm going to track every bite I take and not go over my points. Seems easier than it is actually. I'm working on upping my technology to make this easier/more convenient for me so I have no excuses.
  4. I am not going to eat any ice cream except the ice cream 1 point smoothie bars I bought. 6 points for Chocolate Trinity ice cream in a cone is NOT worth it anymore.
  5. Frozen veggies were on sale for 10/10.00 at Kroger (that's 1/2 price!), so that's how I'm doing lunch this week. And later this week, I'm going to see if the deals are still on and stock up for the next few weeks.
  6. I am going to earn at least 35 activity points. That should be fairly easy with the above, but I'm still going to state it. Gives me something to mark off my to do list, which feeds confidence. :)

Okay, now that's what I am going to do. Here's what I'm going to achieve (a.k.a goals, but we don't like the g word)

  1. I am going to run under a 10 minute mile. At least twice. I ran 10:26.32 on Friday by a stop watch (you know that fancy new thing with the alarm) so I am going to consider that my PB. I am not certain I can calculate time run by song times accurately. So I'm throwing the 9:36 out the window. It is now something to achieve. In a few weeks.
  2. I am going to lose 1.4 pounds. That will put me back at my lowest weight to date (since November when I started WW).
  3. I am going to *hope/aim* for 2.2 which will bring me to 35 pounds lost. THAT would be a HUGE confidence booster, and will help for #4
  4. Before July 3rd (2 weeks from today) I am going to repeat this process, be ultra cool, and lose 5 pounds. It's a lofty one, but I am DETERMINED. Go ahead, try and stop me :)

So there you have it folks. Now I get to be accountable to all the www and have to make sure I can give a good report each day. And I will because this is my pride we're talking about. Oh dear sweet accountability. How I love thou.

Until next time,

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment