Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Amendment 1

I know there will be many amendments to things I say, so I am going to make it easier and number them. This is the first (of blog posts anyways).

When I said I hate goals, well I may have been incorrect. I made an informal goal to be able to run 1 mile by the end of my three newest songs. I normally run between a 12-14 minute mile; and this is running the whole time. I did the song math this morning and the three songs last 9:36. I said, okay, I can do this (eek). And how long did I run/walk (I know right?!) the 1 mile? 9:36. WOOT!!!

So I was thinking, how is it I can meet (almost) all the goals I set in my running, but not in weight loss? My first thought was well I can control the running, not the weight loss, that's up to chance. HA! Noooooooo! It's ALL me. It's that realization that is going to get me places. This is the moment I ask myself: How bad do you really want it? Well, BAD. So now I am going to make another goal: I want to be able to run the entire mile in 9:36, not run/walk, so that means slowing down from my pace this morning...or not and running it all in an even 9 minutes. One step at a time people.

Another mind thing: it's not nearly as hot outside when a)you are sweating madly already, and b)you are concentrating on staying alive while trying to sprint a mile. :)

Okay, so I think I am going to do another 5K. I found only about 100 happening between now and the end of the year. Lesson for the summer running: drink plenty of water; I don't think I can wait until September/October. Kinda nifty :)

And it turned out to be a gift that I've been awake since 0230 (that's 2:30AM for people on 12 hour time). It would happen that way.

By the way, the Groupon for the day is $30 worth for $15 at McFaddens. I've never been but heard it's excellent. I'm considering it. Maybe :)

Until next time,
:)

1 comment:

  1. Leigh, first of all I just want to say congrats on starting this blog! It's excellent! Second, I want to apologize for not congratulating you on your amazing weight loss last weekend. I hate to say it, but I am so wrapped up in my own weight loss journey that I didn't even take time to stop and ask how you were doing. So, I'm sorry for that! Also, there's a book I think you should read. It's called Women, Food & God by Geneen Roth. It is EXCELLENT! Don't walk....RUN to the bookstore and pick it up. You won't be disappointed! Keep it up girl, and let me know if I can do anything for ya!

    ReplyDelete