Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What the ....?!?!?!

I really do not like goals. I mean, really do not like. There is always that feeling that if I set a goal, I will not be capable of completing it. Well here we go. 11 weeks ago, I set a goal. To lose 10% of my then current weight by 14 weeks, July 3rd. It was going to be a birthday present to myself. That 10% is equal to 19 pounds. How much have I lost in these 11 weeks? 5 pounds. Yes, I typed that correctly. 5 pounds. That comes out to less than 1/2 pound per week. How does this happen, you ask (don't worry, I'm asking too)? Well for starters, the next week after I set this goal, I gained 2 pounds. grrrr. After it took 2 full weeks to lose those 2 pounds, I had pretty normal losses for 4 weeks, a little over a pound for each week. Then what happens 4 weeks ago? I gained 4.6 pounds. double grrrr. It only took me two weeks to recover from that gain, which was miraculous since one of those weeks I ran my 5K and went to the meeting, having inhaled an apple, breakfast bar and two bottles of water and what happens? I lost 2.4. Good grief. Then last week I gained 0.6. Not catastrophic compared to 4.6, but it means I have not been consistently going in the right direction in the last 11 weeks. THAT is the frustrating part. Now I'm waiting for July 3rd to hurry up and get here so I can get back to my normal losing. Why, oh why do I even try to make benchmarks? OY VEY.

This is not the first time in this journey this has happened. I hit my 5% goal in 6 weeks. That's impressive considering it was 11 pounds. Then I made a goal: to hit my 10% goal in 12. What week did I hit my 10%? Week 14. Because as soon as I noticed the trend and made the goal (week 10) the next week I gain 1.2. Bloody infuriating.

Good news is, I completed a 5K recently and am now itching to do it again...and faster.

More good news, I had a sublime day yesterday. The day went by with a whoosh. I opened up an account at another bank and apparently have such good credit (thank you car payments) that I am a red carpet member. hehe :)

Well I'm going to go nap for an hour and break the separation between me and running. I need another 5K something terrible. Not having one impending is going to make me crazy. I think there's one July 4th............

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment