Sunday, June 20, 2010

Go back to sleep Leigh......3AM?!?!?! UGH!

I totally stole the base for that quote from 27 Dresses with Katherine Heigl. Fantastic movie. The original quote is "Go to sleep Jane. 3AM?!?! UGH!". :)

So as you may have surmised from the title: I woke up this morning at 3AM, and this was after I had the most terrible time trying to sleep (went to bed at 9:30, didn't fall asleep until around 11). If you have any solutions (besides drugs, which is where I'm turning next) to this persistent, but inconsistent inability to sleep past 3AM, now would be the prime time to speak up. All those big words in the last sentence mean it doesn't happen every night, but at least once or twice a week. Still annoying.

Even after being up since then, I still ran this morning before church. I thought I might as well, since I was already up and all. Maybe that's why I was up so early. My subconscious did not want me to be able to snooze past my alarm. I ran/walked the mile in 10:15.18. For a few moments at the end, I really thought I was going to make it under 10' but that would have included sprinting about 100 yards when I could barely stand. I still shaved about 11 seconds off my PB, so I'm not complaining. Today.

When I returned, it took a full 30 minutes for my heart rate to go under 180, which was a little freaky. The way I finally got it to lower? Laying on the floor and concentrating on my deep breaths, which turned out to be a mistake, because then I didn't want to get up. :) Again, suggestions welcome.

Skip to this afternoon, after church. I noticed while fixing lunch that because I was so tired, I almost didn't track before I ate. Uh oh. I walked upstairs, realized I didn't have my laptop, and for a few seconds had an internal debate whether to just not do it for that one little meal or go downstairs and get my laptop. The side that wanted to get the laptop won! So I get my laptop and track everything and feel a lot better about the whole thing.

I also noticed that sweets call my name a little louder when two conditions are met: a) I am tired and bored, and b) when no one else is around. I resisted all temptation, ate my lunch and here I am, trying as usual to find a title. Well, by the time you read that line I would have already found one and then added a paragraph at the beginning to tie it all together so it makes a decent shred of sense.

I'm now barely able to keep my eyes open, so I'm going to go take a nap.

Until next time,
:)

1 comment:

  1. Amendment:
    the quote is "Go to sleep Jane...UGH 3AM???

    ReplyDelete