Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Brief History

This blog will mostly be about my weight loss journey, but as author of this blog, I reserve the right to talk about other things too. Unfortunately, I did not think to start this blog 7 months (wow) ago when I started my weight loss journey, so you get a long diatribe of a summary of the events of the last 7 months in one post. So get ready. On Friday, October 30th, I stepped on the scale in my Doctor’s office and it said 228. I did a silent double-take. I was in denial. I’ve never weighed over 170 in my life, so this was a little bit of a shock. I had had blood work done about a week before my appointment, as I usually do for my yearly exam. Said blood work apparently came back with one interesting result. My cholesterol levels were mirroring that of a woman going through menopause. Wait, WHAT?!?!?! I am about 30 years too young to be in that situation so it caused some alarm. My Doctor proceeded to tell me that I need to stop making excuses for why I cannot lose the weight that plagues me and actually do something about it. Well then. I told him I had been considering Weight Watchers and he thought it was an excellent idea. I looked up where and when meetings took place in this area and found one close on Saturday mornings. I was scheduled to move the rest of my belongings out of my apartment the next day (Saturday) so I could not join that day. I joined the next week, November 7th, and when I stepped on the scale, it read 222.6 (which for all intensive purposes, I will use as my official start weight for loss amounts etc). WOOT! Since then, I have lost a total of 33.6 pounds. My chart looks a little like this:

Ignore the goal listed on this chart, that’s my next goal; it helps to see a line. As you can see, this journey has not been all downhill. That’s part of the challenge for everyone, not just me. This is also only part of the whole picture. Along the way, I am developing new habits, getting rid of the bad habits that put me in such a dire state. I am learning things that work and things that do not. It is all part of the process of learning about myself, which I am highly enjoying (for the most part really)!
Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment