Friday, June 18, 2010

Hello, Grand Central Station, How May I Help You?

Have you ever felt like you are the receptionist at the Grand Central Station? Every once in a while I get days like that. It makes them go by very quickly, but I am left very tired at the end. I do have to admit: it is awfully nice to be needed. Maybe too nice. It's one thing I struggle with: knowing when to put me first. It doesn't happen very often, but trust me, when it does, I'm very selfish about it. Very selfish. If I thought I could take a break from life and go somewhere cool (both temperature and otherwise) and just pick it all back up when I returned, I so would. Unfortunately, life moves on on both sides.

I have determined that I am completely incapable of of leaving work when I say I will (outside of normal days). I am scheduled out of the office at 12:30 today to use the remaining hours of vacation. When does my day turn from relaxingly busy to CrAzY? About, oh 11:15. Of course. One urgent thing after another and poof...what time do I leave the office? 1:38. When I left, my boss was threatening to decline my request for the 1/2 day so I bolted from her office and out the door. You would have thought I was being chased by something scary. :)

I am starting to feel particularly moody, temper-mental, and uninspired. I'm going to log off before I do damage :)

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment