Monday, June 21, 2010

Not all taxes are necessarily bad. Some are helpful.

I paid a "stupid tax" today. It cost me $1.08. This morning I wanted a Diet Dr. Pepper. Really bad wanted. So I stop in at Sonic on my way to work and boo hoo Sonic is not open. (say what?!?!?!?!?!). It was after 8, and they promise to be open by 6AM! Anyways, I decide to stop in at a gas station between Sonic and work. I do. I march into the gas station, pull out the biggest cup I could see, put Dr. Pepper in the cup with ice and walk to the counter and pay for it. It cost $1.08. Marching back out to my car, I get halfway there and freeze. I then realize that I just paid for Dr. Pepper, not DIET Dr. Pepper. There's a difference. A BIG one. About a 10 point one (!). So I groan (ggggggggrrrrrrrrrooooooaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn) and continue to my car, they didn't have diet in there anyways. I put it in my car and I wrestle all the way to the office with myself over whether or not I am going to drink it. One side: you might as well, you already bought it. Other side: it was only $1.08, it's not worth 10+ points. Which side won? The side that said not to drink it! I poured the whole think down the drain. Did not take one single sip. Now is that cool or what?!?!?!?!?! I think it's wicked awesome!!!! :)

This a "tax" that is helpful. I will think twice before I pour my own soda.

So, I'm sure you are all sitting on the edge of your seats wanting to know if I recovered from my less than awesome wake-up-at-3AM trick Saturday night/Sunday morning. I took a nap after I finished yesterday's post; so from around 3-6 when my mom says she woke me up. I do not believe her because I have no such memory. Apparently I was SO asleep she had to shake/scream at me. So why did she not let me sleep? I don't know; apparently she also reads stomachs and knew mine was hungry. It's a mom talent. I don't expect to understand. I was groggy all through dinner, but tracked everything all the same, but with much less vigor. Under the same mom's direction, I took Tylenol PM last night around 8. I think she was just getting tired of me sleeping sitting up on the couch upstairs. I fell asleep between 8:30 and 9. I slept until 6:30. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I am now a believer in over the counter sleepy pills. I didn't even have to pull out the big guns. :) I think I am going to repeat tonight.

Well, when I woke up, I was groggy, I mean really groggy. Really, really groggy. You get the point. Groggy enough to be tempted not to run, thinking it would only make my situation worse. After 30 minutes of coaxing myself, I finally got out the door and did it! I ran at a slower pace today and instead of only being able to make it to .5 miles at an 8' pace, I made it .75 miles at around a 10' pace, which doesn't leave much room for walking the last .25, which I did, and finished the mile at 11:47.19. Not fabulous, but considering the Tylenol was still wearing off, not too shabby, not too shabby. Tomorrow will be better.

I have to share about my dinner conquest! First, today was a very light day food-wise for me. Breakfast was 6 points, and 5 of those was the peanut butter on the toast. Lunch was broccoli and cheese (the Green Giant frozen - low-fat!) along with a piece of toast with butter. 5.5 points. Dinner was 15 pieces (3 ounces) or shrimp, homemade cocktail sauce (who knew it was ketchup and horseradish sauce?), salad with lettuce, peppers, and my new-found favorite Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing :) with milk to drink. The whole meal was 5.5 points, and 2 of those were milk! The shrimp was 1, the sauce 0.5, and the salad was 2 (dressing). Amazing! Overall, I did not use 7 of my points today, and I did not starve! I think it has to do with the enough sleep thing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm going to go beg for more Tylenol, put it on my shopping list to add to my pharmacy, and enjoy my sleep and get up and run again tomorrow. :)

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment