Saturday, August 13, 2011

From smooth sailing to titanic (the ending) and back in 18 hours

I had fallen completely asleep, and suddenly, I'm jolted awake by a very loud crashing sound, from in my room.  There are two closets in my room and one of them still had the hanging bar and shelf hanging on the wall (the other has already had this tragedy).  It came crashing down, and brought everything with it, at 1:30 AM this morning.  Scared me just about to death.  I fell back asleep pretty quickly though :)


When I woke up, I promptly assisted in the emptying of that closet, and then after the scurry of a number of errands, we had a new shelf (that doesn't hang from the wall) and so I was able to re-assemble my room from the shambles of throwing stuff everywhere.  My room is now back in as much order as it will get.  It's neat and tidy.  


Somehow, I lost .6 this week, but I have NO idea how.  I am still trying to rack my brain.  The only thing I have thought of is that most of my indiscretions were at the beginning of the week, and after my massage (which released some toxins, which I washed out with book-oodles of water) that it could have undone some of the mess I made at the beginning of the week.  I have to have a really good week this week, and it started with some (if I say so myself) EXCELLENT planning on my errands.  I had 5 stops to make, and I went the furthest from home, and went in order back home.  How lucky was I that frozen food was part of only the last two stops? :)


I've figured out that almost everything I need can be found at Dollar Tree or Aldi, and I'm a FAN.  Good times.  


Last night, I was on the hunt for my mom for some good pictures of landscapes and flowers for her to paint.  I took almost a hundred pictures, and some were fuzzy because I was losing light, but my two favorites are here:


First up,my favorite landscape:






Then my favorite flower:
Both photos are courtesy of Gaylord Opryland Hotel.  Well courtesy to provide the subjects, I did take the pictures :)


I also took several flower pictures at the Public Library branch in Donelson, those will be up on my Facebook page soon.  


I'm now settling down with 3 fans (those wonderful things that blow cold air, not three people that like me :) ), my programming book, and a cold beer to enjoy the rest of my evening.  


Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment