Thursday, August 11, 2011

Caring for self: I can get into this :)

I had a half day today, and I got a massage.  And enjoyed every second of it.  I feel so relaxed and stress-free, I might make it a regular occurrence.  I'm definitely a FAN.  


I've noticed I'm starting to devote a little more time, money, and energy to self care, and I'm definitely seeing benefits.  I'm also enjoying it.  I would not have enjoyed self care 5 years ago like I do now.  


I had a thought earlier that wondered if I'm being selfish.  Now, if I got weekly massages, nails and toes done every two weeks, etc, that MIGHT be selfish, but only getting my toes done every 4 weeks and only in the summer, granted nails get done every two weeks, getting massages monthly at most, and my weekly Weight Watchers meetings, I think I'm devoting an appropriate amount of time to myself.  I have to take care of myself before I can take care of anyone else, right?  Right.  


Part of my pride is evolved by my extensive movie collection.  I boast over 200 titles in said collection, and I'm very proud of that.  It was like back when I had 545 friends on Facebook. Finally, it got ridiculous, and I started trimming away the people I never talked to, people I didn't like, etc.  There were a few people I accidentally removed, and I've re-added since then, but I trimmed down to 40 friends.  Now I'm at a little over 100, but those are all people I keep up with at least, and talk to regularly for the most part.  Family is also in that :) I say all this to say this: I'm going to do the same with my movie collection, trim the movies I either don't watch, don't like anymore, or can get easily through Netflix, on demand, etc.  I'm going to take the rest and sell them to McKay's.  I got the idea from my mom and step-dad who are doing the same thing with their collection.  I probably won't get rid of my TV shows on DVD though.  I will probably get rid of most of my VHS too, unless I decided I like it enough to devote the time to turn it into a DVD via the converter we have.  


Well, I have a long list of things to get accomplished tonight and this weekend, so I'm off!  I'll probably blog once more tonight, but then I'll be checking list items off!  


Happy self-care!


Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment