Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Can't 1+1 just equal 2?

Forgive the following, mostly non-weight related Math rant.  We had a test tonight in Calculus.  It was two parts.  Calculator and non-calculator.  Took the non-calculator part first.  There were 30 questions, I estimate I got 29 of them correct (internal happy dance!).  Those were straight forward: solve this equation.  I can do that.  Then came the calculator part.  There were 14 questions, I estimate I got 2 of them right, at best.  Every single one was a word problem, an application of the "solve this equation".  With these, I had to build the equation to solve it.  I can solve them, but I get SO stuck trying to set them up!  I turned in 5 extra credit, so my hope on this test is to get a C.  


I'm one of those exception-to-the-rule kind of people when it comes to Math.  They say you either do well at Algebra OR Geometry, I did well at both.  So when they say Calc II is the hardest of Calc I, II, or III, it'll probably be the easiest for me.  It starts out with hard core integration, so I'm already pumped.  


I keep getting distracted.  I'm feeling 100% again, and I've done enough napping to not be able to sleep right now.  That and I think I accidentally drank a tea with caffeine in it.  MY BAD.  It was small....


Think I'm going to try to go to bed now.


Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment