Saturday, July 9, 2011

Outline-palooza

What if I now have more priorities than before, and they're all "most important" and who gets to decide?  Me, my health, sanity, and emotional well being have to come in somewhere.  I've been pushing myself, and my weight loss journey, off to the side of the road in all the other things I have going on, and that needs to change, and fast.   

My posting gets less and less as my focus changes.  When I was posting once a day or at least 5 times a week, it was very obvious I was taking the time to devote to me and my weight loss journey.  It's now obvious that school has taken over (which is a good thing) but at the same time, I'm very scared that if I don't a) catch it and b) counter-act it, I will be right back where I started: 80 pounds overweight and miserable.  So here I am, catching and starting to counter act. 

Here are the new struggles I'm facing, and my projected solutions to deal with one at a time:
1.  I'm eating out.  A lot.  Most of it is fast food, because it's just that: fast.  We're trying out flex scheduling (4 10s and a day off) at the office and while it's nice, on school days it's a little tight: I work 7-5:30 with a 30 minute lunch and then at 5:30, I leave directly for school.  I have so far been unsuccessful in bringing my lunch or dinner, so both are fast food.  While I could make good choices, let's be real honest: I haven't been.  And I know for a fact I'm going to gain this week. 
1a.  Solution: go back to the frozen dinners.  It's not glamorous and some might call it cheating or being lazy, but it's still fast, something I can do at the office, and I can still stay on track with my weight loss journey.  That and it's much easier on my wallet.  I think of it as an interim solution while I get used to the tighter schedule and get in a groove so I can start making my lunches and dinners. 
2.  Soda.  Driving for long periods of time at weird times wreaked havoc on my soda fasting and fast :) 
2a.  They just need to stop.  Period.  That was easy.
3.  Running.  I'm not running, or working out at all.  I can feel the difference in my energy levels, and after about a week of not working my shoulder, I definitely notice a difference there. 
3a. Next week I will not have any excuses, I'm not working my flex schedule.  So I don't have to be at work until 8:30, which means if I get up at my flex get up time (6), I have an hour to work out. I'm paying for a gym membership I don't use.  Yup, it's silly, I know.  So what's the solution?  Well, that's easy, start using it :)
4.  I'm not tracking what I eat.  Enough said.  No excuses, no reason not to other than just being lazy.
4a.  There's an app for that.  And I have the computer application I can access ANYWHERE, and there's the old fashioned way: pen and paper.  I hate tracking, because I'm accountable to what I eat, but I really need to be.  I definitely notice a difference in my weight if I track, even if I don't work out. 

Even though school will take the cake as being "most important", I have to be #2.  If I don't take care of myself, no one else is going to. 

As usual: goals for this week:
1.  Track every meal, every day.  No excuses
2.  Stop soda.
3.  Run at least 2 days, and gym at least 2 days (shoulder exercises mostly).
4.  Go to the grocery store tomorrow and buy my frozen lunches for 5 days this week, and 2 frozen dinners for class nights.
5.  Not whine while I make these changes :)

Here's a really big positive from this week:  I ate TONS of fruits and veggies.  We got fresh peaches in NC, and I ate 2 or 3 or more a day all week (they were really ripe).  I really enjoyed snacking on fruits and veggies, so I'd like to keep that up.  I'm thinking raw green beans.  YUMMY! 

Another positive: I'm only half way into the summer semester, so I consider this catching this early.  I'm not catching it 6 months from now.  I'm discovering I've strayed from my true north, and if I keep myself healthy, chances are, I'll have more energy to be able to take on all these things.  I'm loving the logic! :)

Another positive: I drove approximately 10 hours each way last weekend, and my shoulder did GREAT!  And yes, my sisters are still alive, but just barely.  JK LOL, love them to pieces, and I'm just as crazy with enough caffeine and too little sleep :)

Another positive: I am very able to swim the backstroke, which is very encouraging. 

I'm still wide awake, so I suppose I'll unpack from our trip last weekend, and organize and clean up until my brain finally shuts down.  Oh, and I need.  I don't know what the end of that sentence was.  I got distracted computing how much I have paid on my car, which by the way is 79.19%. 

Now I'm going to go unpack.  At 1:30AM.  Yup, my brain has a lot to process.  Good times! :)

Oh, and I think I spelled palooza right, but I'm not really sure :)

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment