Saturday, July 9, 2011

I'm a smart girl, but some days I swear I wake up stupid.

First off: I'm not trying to lower myself with that statement.  What I mean by that is some days the brain paths don't necessarily connect correctly and I get some really weird logic going on.  Today was one of those days. 


Saturdays are a little weird for me food-wise because I don't generally eat until after my Weight Watchers meeting, which is from 9-10:30.  So I didn't have my two eggs and piece of toast until around 11 this morning.  Then I left and went apartment researching in Murfreesboro.  I got to Murfreesboro around 12:30 and then remembered at some point I was going to have to eat.  Hmmm, that sure was an opportune time to remember that.  After my post very early this morning, I was dead convinced I wasn't going to eat out.  So I didn't eat anything.  Even though I didn't have breakfast until 11, my stomach clock said lunch time was near around 1.  When I finally left Murfreesboro at 3:45, and my brain shifted off of apartments, I started to get really hungry, and a little shaky, and I knew I wasn't going to make it back to Nashville safely without eating first.  Smart me took out all the crackers I had in my car from vacation this morning.  So I stopped at Olive Garden.  Did I stop at a grocery store to get a sandwich?  No, but I did really well points-wise.  I ordered what's safe: what I KNOW what the points are, and it's really good on top of that.  I ordered my Apricot Chicken for 7 points, had 2 bread sticks for 4 points, and salad for 3.  So 14 points for Lunch/Dinner, because when I got home I was so tired, and had just eaten, I went to bed and napped for a couple hours.  I'll take Ibuprofen PM in a few minutes just to make sure I sleep all the way through the night.  Like I said, weird food habits on Saturday.  


Sunday's even worse. I have breakfast around 7:30, snack around 9, lunch at 2, dinner at 6 or so.  7,12,and 6 just doesn't work on Saturday and Sunday.  


For the day, I came out with 3 points to spare.  I'm getting a scotch hungry, so maybe I'll have some fruit snacks. 


On a side note, as a kid, I never had to deal with oily skin or breakouts on my face.  I'm not sure what's happened, but over the last couple months or so, I can't get rid of it!  My chin has about 11 bumps on it and one appeared on my forehead today!  Over the last few weeks, I've washed my face every day and tried not to touch it with my fingertips, but the bumps won't go away!  It's infuriating.  I've gotten really self conscience about it too.  


So I'm sure you're on the edge of you seats to know how I did today.  Just don't fall off, I'm not Blogger-comp insured.  I gained 2. something.  2.3 I think.  I've now dipped back under 25 pounds lost again.  I'm at 23.6 or something near that.  I weighed in at 199, 1 pound away from the big, scary 200 I swore I would never hit again.  It was probably a good thing I didn't, as that might have caused a tail spin.  Even though I knew it was coming, when I saw the number, it was a wake up call all over again, but in a good way.  


I'm just going to take it one meal at a time, one day at a time, and write my goals on my mirror.  I can do this.  I've done it twice already, I can do it again.  This just means I'll get a THIRD 25 pound key chain.  It won't be an easier the third time than it was the first or second.  The goal is that this will be the LAST time I'm in this spot.  


Now I'm going to go play with my budget and study a bit.  I'm in a math mood again. :)


Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment