Monday, July 18, 2011

Orange, Green, and Yellow jellybeans anyone?

Here's my current dilemma.  I've been in all the meetings where we talk about how our tendency is to celebrate with food.  It's so true!  We eat when we're happy, when we're sad, when we're bored, etc.  Tonight, I found out I passed a Calculus test I was SURE I had failed, so I decided I'd go out for ice cream.  I was also a little hungry, my dinner didn't stay with me very well.  I had 2 points left over for the day.  I got a Sonic blast (Reese's) which was 15 points.  Sounds steep.  


But here's why I don't take issue with using ice cream to celebrate: Before the blast, I had 44 of my weekly points left to use until Friday night (that's 5 days including today).  I didn't plan for it necessarily, but it's a pretty good use of my weekly points.  I now have 31 of my weekly points to go through Friday night, which not counting today (I don't plan to eat anything else) is 4 days, which means I have 7.75 points a day for the end of the week.  I'm still above average for number of points per day, not like it matters, because that's what the weekly points are for.


Here's why I do take issue with using ice cream to celebrate: It's all mental!  I tied passing a Calculus test with ice cream.  Is that a bad thing?  Eh, that's a grey area.  I'm going to go with, if I don't make it a habit, I'll be okay.


I've noticed that if I parcel things like jellybeans out, I enjoy them more than if I eat them directly out of the bag.  I also don't tend to eat the flavors I don't like.  What's the point of eating something if you don't like it?  Especially something as points costly as jellybeans.  I'm going to get my points worth, so by golly, I'll only eat the red, pink, and purple ones if I want to :)


I'm full, a little sleepy, and supervising an import process into iPhoto.  I'm going to go do a few sit ups to make myself feel better, and continue my babysitting until I go to bed to solve the sleepiness.  


It's been fun.


Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment