Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm beginning to remember why I avoided Chili's after I started Weight Watchers :)

Chili's is my weak point.  I've always loved Chili's.  I have a printout of the menu in my car, at the office, and at the house, so I can be prepared and fit it into my plan.  I got an e-mail for this weekend for a free chips and queso.  Something having to do with some basketball tournament or something (he he, I know it's March Madness).  So I went to Chili's with the intention of getting 1 beer and the queso.  I failed to remember that Chili's has drink specials, so the beers come in two.  I drank both.  Not a total fallout really, for light beer, two beers is only 7 points.  That's the good news.  The not so good news is the chips and queso turned into an order of big mouth bites too.  I came home and decided I would calculate points for all this.  The queso is 41 and the big mouth bites meal is 50.  I almost had a heart attack.  Luckily I barely touched the queso!  I still consumed around 50 points for lunch.  As a point of reference, I get 34 in a day. 

Here's the good news: 
-I get 49 extra points each week, they reset on Saturday, I used 25 of them.  They are for such a time as this.
-I still have 6 days and 16 meals to recover from this slip up. 
-I did not order Cheesecake, to go or otherwise.  We're talking 19 points in one slice. 
-I tracked it, even though I didn't really want to know.  Knowledge is power!  I've already identified dishes that ring in at 6 points to order next time I go, and I'm staying away from the queso!  Learning from my mistake thank you. :)
-I'm being positive about it.  I'm not beating myself up.  It happened, I'm moving on. 
-I earned 37 activity points for all the running around and the up and down stairs countless times.  WOOT. 
-I'm not drowning my sorrows in dessert.  I'm blogging and listening to positive music.

Yesterday, I started to get into my scrapbooking, and I looked at everything I had pulled out and thought to myself I know I have more stuff to scrapbook than this.  I figured it was in my storage unit.  So I went to said storage unit to dig around and ended up doing just that.  I had to pull out about 15 boxes to get to the chair and pull it out enough so I could climb over it.  Then I had to pull my mattress off some more boxes, squeeze around it (thank goodness I'm skinny-ish) :) and start pulling long under bed boxes out from under the box spring, which is at this point balancing on some other boxes.  I'm digging through these under bed boxes and I find TONS of scrapbooking stuff.  Good grief, I thought my parents were going to die.  I found more pictures than I thought I had, my original scrapbooks, already started, and all kinds of paperwork.  I also found my FAVORITE pair of jeans from high school that I was so bummed I had lost.  That's my next goal: to get into those pants!  I then have to get all 4 under bed boxes back under the box spring.  Then I maneuver around the mattress, lift it back onto the boxes, climb over the chair, put the chair back.  Then I start stacking boxes and realize the chair leg is sticking out too far.  I pull out ALL the boxes, start pushing the chair back in, get it in enough to pacify my tired at that point self, and start piling the boxes back on.  I get the door down past the first pair of chair legs, and it get stuck on the bottom pair.  Ugh!  I kick it with my right foot a couple times, then decide to give it a go with my left.  Well, I have a bad joint in my left foot (my big toe joint) and I kicked that chair pretty hard, well it jammed my joint.  It hurt like the dickens.  I was limping around.  It was hilarious.  I felt like an idiot.  So I finally get it closed and I go home.  I had to tape my toe so it wouldn't throb when I walked.  Well, I forgot to take the tape off before I went to bed, so I woke up and the outside of my foot where the tape was bruised.  I looked like a 90 year old because when I woke up, my lower back was in knots, my right thigh muscle burned, and my abs were killing me.  I'm still laughing.  The bruising on my foot wore off, and now the joint just hurts a little.  I'm currently sitting with a heating pad for my back, and it feels really nice. :)  The really good news?  You may have noticed in this ridiculously long paragraph that there are no complaints about my shoulder, yup, it suffered no harm in all this, which is really impressive since I lifted a mattress and all :)

At least I had fun :)

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment