Tuesday, March 1, 2011

That's definitely not what I expected

I have heard people say when you are happy, you eat more and then gain weight.  Well, I would like to say that's SO not true for me (did you see what I did there?  FOR ME.  This may not be true for all, but it is FOR ME).  I'm the happiest I've EVER been, and it's making me not have the desire to eat everything I see all the time (only what I need, it's fabulous!), I'm actually eating less!  I ate at a buffet for breakfast and lunch today, and didn't have the desire to pile up my plate.  It was great.  I also didn't eat something if I didn't like it.  Seems simple, but profound.  If you don't like something, don't eat it.  Amazing.  I tried a fried green tomato, and I hated it.  I caught myself before I took a second bite.  I almost did though, and finished the terrible thing.  I then laughed at myself, and had to fend odd looks from the people at my table.  It was great :)

I'm craving less too, now that I'm so happy.  I'm so happy, giddy happy, hehe happy, can't stop smiling happy, but I digress.

Of course, I'm so happy I can't sleep (evidenced by this post at 11:30PM), even though I've been up for 19 hours so far.  Yes, if you do the math, that puts me waking up at 0430.  Yes, it's actually possible for me to get up before the sun.  Okay, I'll give you a minute to recover from the shock.  










hehe, that was fun.  I had to preview it a few times to get the spacing right.  HA! :)

I continue to digress. 

I weighed in last Tuesday, right after Saturday (where I gained) because I had plans for this past Saturday.  On Tuesday, I lost 2 pounds.  WOOT.  That was at night too.  DOUBLE WOOT.  This just proves it was what I thought it was, hormones.  I won't weigh in until this coming Saturday, a full 11 days since my last weigh in, I'm hoping for a nice large number, I would like another 2 pounds, at least.  This would erase my gain.  That would be awesome. 

I only find myself craving M&Ms.  What else is new.  I'm so far able to resist, and eat lots of dill pickles, which by the way is how you get rid of a chocolate craving.  It's awesome.  I eat them out of the jar at work.  I have also officially cut fast food permanently.  It's changed my life.  I allow those grey areas, that I cannot really determine which it is, and I'm trying to work on grey areas (HA!), but no more fast food for me.  I've lowered my sodium, cut sodas (NOT caffeine, I drink tea and 5 hour energy), and stopped speeding when I drive.  I think there are people wondering who I traded and replaced myself with.  (Wow that sentence made SO much less sense typed out than it did in my head). 

Of course, with the happiness described above, comes the ability for my mind to jump around in directions like a pinball machine, so if you feel dizzy after reading this post, imagine what I feel like after writing it :)

Now that I've cleaned out my mind a little, I think I'm going to go eat....NOT.  I'm going to bed, I think I feel tired coming on :)

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment