Saturday, March 26, 2011

Just the way you are

I'm having an artsy day.  Watch out because they're so few and far between, it can get dangerous.  But always in a good way.  :)

Last night, I got off work at 6:30 or so.  I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to relax and have a beer.  I did a little shopping, got a new necklace, and went home.  I went to bed early because I was the trifecta tired (mental, emotional, physical) and I thought maybe I would get to sleep in.  I did!  I slept until almost 8 which is unheard of unless I go to bed after Midnight, and I went to bed at 9! 

Went to Weight Watchers.  I lost 1 pound this week.  Am I jumping for joy?  Well, not exactly.  I can't really get over a little disappointment.  I'm not sure why, but when I came home, all I really felt like doing was crying.  The tears wouldn't come (they rarely do on their own) and so I decided I would write a post, watch a terribly sad movie that would make me bawl, and my need to cry would be done.  I walked in the house and my radio was on, no surprise, I hadn't been gone long.  The song that came on as I walked into my room was Bruno Mars "Just The Way You Are".  The tears started flowing, and I collapsed onto my bed in a pile of sobs.  I love that song, it is so beautiful.  I need to take that song to heart, but I'm working on it.  Our homework in Weight Watchers this week was to find an old photograph of ourselves happy and post it somewhere where we would see it.  We talked about the yo-yo cycle and how to spring back.  How incredibly appropriate.  :)

While I was laying on my bed, I decided instead of watching a movie, I would look for a photograph.  Well I'm working on a project that includes me having a majority of the family photo collection, so I had plenty of material.  I went through the entire box of photographs, found a few.  Then I decided to dig into my scrap-booking box and go through it looking for photographs.  That turned into sorting all the stuff I have that needs to be scrap-booked into piles according to which book they are going.  That turned into a trip to Michael's to get books because I have tons of pages and other stuff, but I'm out of books.  Not anymore, I hit pay dirt on the clearance rack.  It was awesome.  Then I got Pasghetti's for lunch since I was in the area, came home, ate half my spaghetti, and sat down to write this post before getting back to my scrap-booking. 

I really enjoy scrap-booking.  I don't get to do it often because I generally try to do in in few hour chunks, and those only occur on Saturdays.  I need to do laundry, and work on my scheduling, but that can happen tomorrow, when I'm not having a normal, non-creative day. 

If you see me this week, I could use a pat on the back.  Yesterday, I continued my no eat chocolate while in a tiny training room for 8 hours trend, and it took every ounce of will power I had, but I did it.  After all, I did lose a pound this week too.  I'm feeling feelings today, and relaxing.  I think I'm doing pretty swell.  I can tell myself that I'm doing well all I want, but I have noticed it helps to hear it from other people too, so I don't start to think I'm going cookoo (no comments from the peanut gallery) :)

My shoulder hurts sitting like I am to type, so I'm going to get to it! 

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment