Saturday, March 5, 2011

That IS definitely what I expected

It's been a crazy week in Leigh-ville.  I found out I have feelings.  So far, it's all pointing in a really good direction, I'm having the RIGHT feelings, it's confirmation.  I still feel confused.  LOL.  Add a craving for M&Ms and poof! I gained a pound this week.  Moving on, I'll do better this coming week.  And buy more dill pickles (which help beat a chocolate craving).  I ate a whole jar yesterday! 

I like math.  Like a lot.  Hello, Computer Science Major.  I like percentages even more.  For instance: As of today, my car is 56.27% paid for.  I'm ahead of schedule by 16.41%.  It's month #21 on 60 months and I'll have it paid by month 29.  Less than half the time. 

Here's another percentage for my consideration, when I start feeling depressed about gaining.  I've lost a total of 35.6 pounds (30.4 according to Weight Watchers, but I lost about 5 pounds between the week I went to the Doctor and the week I joined Weight Watchers).  This is a GREAT number!  I've been on Weight Watchers for 16 months.  Between my starting weight and my goal weight is 70 pounds.  The math on this one is fairly simple.  I've lost 50.86%.  I was starting to get discouraged until I saw that!  I'm more than halfway there!  I CAN DO THIS!!!!  The one difference you may have noticed is I don't have a ahead/behind schedule percentage for my weight loss.  I just got to thinking about that.  My original goal was last November, but I extended it to this coming November.  That is 35 weeks away.  That comes out to an average needed of 1 pound per week.  That is going to be my goal.  Forward motion every week.  Starting today. 

That percentage just swayed my decision to the affirmative for going to the gym.  I encourage you to look at the percentage for something for which you are reaching.  Here's how you figure.  In the equation above, you take 35.6*100/70=%.  The actual equation is (is/of)=(%/100).  You ask the question, fill in the blanks, and solve.  In the above example, the question is: 35.6 is what % of 70.  Cool huh?  It's okay, you can call me a nerd.  It fits :)

It's been fun, but I'm going to the gym!  Maybe my feelings will work themselves out while I'm there :)

Until next time,
:)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss :)
    It is a big deal to stick with something and see it through!

    ReplyDelete