Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Recipe for.....brownies?!?!?! (no, Leigh, disaster)

I think I'll go back to naming my posts after I write them.  I feel much more free to bounce around from topic to topic and then the titles are more creative.  With that out of the way.  I love the word digress.  I use it in this blog every chance I get.  Sometimes I write whole paragraphs that might not make sense, just so I can use the sentence "but I digress" at the end of it.  Yes, I'm a nerd. 

Let me go back into review mode, since I can't seem to blog at least every other day (every day would be ideal).  Sunday and Monday night I went and hung out with my boyfriend.  Monday we watched the movie "Up".  I don't want to talk about that movie.  I cried all the way through it.  ALL THE WAY THROUGH.  I think I am warming up to the movie being good, but I still don't like feeling like a big baby.  And after I said I don't want to talk about it, I spend a whole paragraph talking about it.  I'm a mess.  But I'm a cute mess! :)

Last night we went out to eat.  I was trying to convince myself that Arby's was not fast food, that it was a grey area, but I think I just need to be honest, get over it, and move on.  Done. 

Today (like yesterday) I spent all day in training.  It was awesome, but yesterday I ate half a bag of M&Ms and today I finished off a whole bag (a new bag, meaning in the last two days, I have eaten 1.5 bags of M&Ms).  Myself.  Ugh, I feel like such a pig.  I vented on the way home, and went to the gym and now that I'm showered and blogging, I'm all better.  :)

It fails me why I struggle so much with self control.  At least at my desk, if I open a bag, I can move them to the corner of my desk so they're out of sight, and I forget about them.  Yesterday and today I was in an office with 4 other people around a table, listening all day to a trainer.  The M&Ms were right on the table, and I didn't have anything else to do with my hands.  Recipe for disaster.  I brought out the pickles at one point, and they helped, but I really ought to have PUT AWAY the M&Ms when I got out the pickles.  Well, hindsight is always 20/20. 

I was thinking about a title, and to date, I got nothing.  I know, that last part is not grammatically correct, but it's my phrase.  I just got it.  And you may notice that I haven't talked about brownies at all up to now.  I'm a dessert person, and I like brownies, I really do.  I'm a fan from batter to baked.  I especially love the middle, so when my boyfriend let me in on the secret that he prefers the corners, I was overjoyed.  :)  I made brownies Sunday night.  THAT was a recipe for disaster too, but in a different way.  I've never boasted my ability to cook, but I have boasted my ability to bake.  Well these brownies didn't get done all the way, so they were extra gooey in the middle, and almost crisp (to me) on the outside.  Humph!  I'll admit, I was a little embarrassed!  Oh well, I got another box and will try again.  :)

I think my mind might be all blogged out, I'm going to bed at a decent time :)

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment