Tuesday, April 16, 2013

To be so close...

It's hard to think that one of our fellow humans would want to cause so much destruction.  Unfathomable.  When I heard about the tragedy at the Boston Marathon yesterday affecting the finish line, my first thought was all those people who worked so hard to get there didn't get to finish.  And the ones who did, the celebration was short-lived and drowned out by pain and sorrow.  I really struggled yesterday with that thought and thinking, I'm so selfish!  It's the middle of a terrible tragedy and what I think is about being able to finish.  Don't get me wrong, I feel terrible grief and sympathy for those affected and even those not affected who were close to the event or to someone in the event. It's just hard to imagine being 25 miles into the most famous marathon in the world, and not getting the gratification to finish I would have to struggle with.  

My thoughts and prayers are with the runners, workers, police officers, and all the family members who were in some way involved in the bombings.  I truly hope any suffering is healed and justice served to those responsible.  

Until next time,
:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment