Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fresh or frozen?

I am fascinated by the debate over the health differences between fresh produce and fruit vs. frozen produce and fruit vs. canned....  While I really enjoy fresh produce and fruit, I'm only 1 person!  There's no way I can eat it before it goes bad, and I'm not going to the store every other day.  So I buy frozen veggies in those steamable bags.  Talk about EASY!  Stick it in the microwave, 5-7 minutes later, voila!  I just have to add salt go figure :)

I haven't done any research though, so I'm not really sure if I'm getting all the value of the veggies.  And I don't eat many fruits...I do buy some in a can and I try to buy the ones in water that seem to have less added but still able to stick around for at least a week...I'll have to work on that now that we're getting into the summer.  Strawberries!! (RIGHT?!?!?!  Heck, I don't know what's in season when) :) ooo with fat free cool whip.  I'm already excited.  This is faboo! :)

Thoughts?  Preferences?

Until next time,
:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment