Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My own personal guiness record

There are times I know the title of the post before I know anything else about it.  Then there are times I open up the editor and know I'll struggle with the title until the bitter end and finally come up with something. . .manageable, mostly because after writing it I'm sick of staring at it.  :)

Don't let today's (possibly) bad title fool you.  It's been a great day!  I woke up after hardly sleeping, the water main near our apartment caused the entire complex to be without water for almost 6 hours, it's the end of the semester and I'm currently in the library, OH and I ran 1 mile in 10:10.  Did you see what I did there?  :)

I RAN A MILE IN 10:10!!!!!!!  That's the fastest mile I've run in..well I wouldn't want to show my age; but A LONG TIME! ;)

I was holding out on working out because I was feeling a little lazy, and because the water was out, I wasn't going to be able to take a shower (or use the restroom, or [you get it]).  So finally, at 4:30, when the water still wasn't on, I packed my computer bag for studying later, my backpack for class before studying, and my gym bag, and ventured to the campus gym to run my fastest mile and then shower.  What an interesting experience.  Then I went to class, then the library, got stuff accomplished, and here we are.  Still totally overjoyed at today's running success.  And after I thought I wasn't going to run at all.  I certainly didn't make the 30 minute goal, but that's OK.  I did something, and if you ask me (who else would you ask???), that's pretty darn tootin' awesome!

I'm now going to go home, and sleep.  Maybe :)

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment