Monday, December 17, 2012

I lost 5 pounds in 10 days

Well 5.2 to be exact.  :)

I'll explain the 10 days first.  Because the school semester is over, I no longer have Wednesday mornings free, so I switched my meeting to Saturday.  Therefore, last week I did not weigh on Wednesday, but had to wait and weigh on Saturday. 

Now to the 5.2.  Part of it is because I was sick at the end of last week and didn't eat or drink anything for 2 days.  Part of this is because over the last month or so, my appetite has significantly decreased leading up to the week before Thanksgiving when I didn't eat all day.  Over the last few weeks, I will actually get hungry, then I look at food or manage to take a bit or two and feel nauseous.  It's very odd. 

What I am not doing is fighting it.  I eat when I'm hungry.  I stop when either I'm full or nauseous.  I pay very close attention to my body's signals.  I am going to deal with what you may be wondering up front: I do not have an eating disorder.  I am not starving myself.  I quite simply am only eating what my body says I need.  We are getting to know each other. 

I have lost 12.4 pounds since the beginning of November, and 7.4 so far this month! 

I am loving the new direction my life is taking, and I think my concentration on the short term, each day, each week, instead having tunnel vision on my goal weight is definitely helping. 

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment