Saturday, December 15, 2012

It's a good thing I don't get sick very often

I'm going to warn you in advance.  There may be a little complaining in this post.  Sorry, it's a sick thing.  I tried to keep it to a minimum and not go on and on and on and on and...you get it. 

That would be because I'm a BIG baby about it!  I won't even lie.  I've had a little bit of a sore throat since Tuesday and it kept getting worse until Thursday evening I couldn't talk, eat, drink, swallow.  That caused me to not be able to lay horizontally, so no sleep for me.  Friday morning my temperature was on the rise, it went over 100 at one point.  So I went to the minute clinic and they said I have strep throat, a sinus infection, and an ear infection in BOTH ears.  No wonder my head felt like someone stuck a balloon in my head and inflated it.  I now have 3 prescriptions and at least 3 other OTC remedies.  I barely get out of the bathroom applying all these different remedies before it's time to repeat them all over again! :)  The good news is, even though I hadn't improved as of last night, and so another night with no sleep, I do feel better this morning.  I think I might actually be able to eat something!

Here's what amuses me.  Do you know what they gave me to treat strep throat?  Pills the size of TEXAS.  Someone wasn't thinking!  I'm about to gag just thinking about them.  Luckily I only have to take them every 12 hours. 

Yesterday, I made an attempt to eat and drink a couple of times before giving up.  So in 36 hours, I had 4 sips of soup and less than 8 ounces of water, all of which was consumed when I was taking my Texas pills.  When I woke up this morning, I thought something has to change, because I'm going to end up dehydrated and malnourished.  I already have trouble with my appetite now (I'll go into that in a later post), this is only going to make it worse. 

The good news is my fever disappeared in a matter of a few hours, I am getting that drainage out, and I am feeling better, more perky.  So what do I do when I realize this?  I do the dishes and start to clean my apartment before catching what I was doing and banishing myself back to bed.  Don't judge, you do it too.  When I start to feel better, I overdo it.  I don't know if I feel guilty for laying in bed when I don't feel crappy, but I know I need to get over that one real quick. 

I feel like I've been smart with this round of being sick.  I tried OTC remedies myself first and when they didn't help and I got the fever, I sought help.  So all in all I don't think I was TOO much of a baby this time. 

And as a side note: I have noticed that I am totally unable to spell the words disappeared and appetite.  Every time I use either one, spell checker gets me. :)

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment