Saturday, January 1, 2011

Auld Lang Syne

Whenever I hear that song at midnight on New Year's, I've always wondered what it meant, so I googled it.  It means old long since or long, long ago.  Now why do we sing this on New Year's?  I have no idea, but it's kind of a nice song.  Anyways, it's been terribly long since my last post.  I feel I'm getting so busy...no excuses.  This is supposed to be therapeutic for me.  So I have a few New Year's Resolutions and then I'll continue on my merry way with what I came to write in this post originally, which now after googling Auld Lang Syne, I have completely forgotten.  Maybe it'll come to me. 
1.  Blog more.  It really does help release those feelings I feel...about weight anyways. 
2.  Journal about the more private things.  Obviously, those won't be posted here or anywhere, but it will be good for me to type them too.
3.  Start losing weight again.  I'll explain below.
4.  Stop picking my hands/fingers.  It's a REALLY bad habit.

I think those are good ones. 

So regarding #3.  Over the last, oh, six weeks or so, I have gained and lost alternately the same three pounds.  I feel like one of those really nifty yo-yos, except I feel more dizzy.  I have a good week, and then BAM I slack off.  GR.  The holidays should be interesting.  I haven't weighed in at WW since December 18th.  December 25th was a Saturday and we didn't have a meeting.  Today is January 1st and we didn't have a meeting today either.  So I weigh in next week for the first time in three weeks.  I'm not going to lie.  I don't really know about it.  I didn't do so bad with food the first week, but didn't work out either, can't really tell because I've gotten really bad about not tracking.  Again.  I should probably add that to my New Year's Resolutions.  Track more. 

I just got to move all my stuff back in my room after the floors.  I re did the arraignment of the furniture and like it much better than before.  I'm working on spring cleaning all my stuff and deciding which stuff I can trash, what I can give to Goodwill, and what I need but needs to go into storage (kitchen dishes etc). 

I graduated from Bartending School!  I worked my first gig last night, it was a private party.  It was so much fun!  I'm going to start working on applying to bars/restaurants etc in the area next week, you know in all that free time I have.  If you're having a party and need a bartender, drop me a note: leighehill@gmail.com :)

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment