Monday, November 19, 2012

What happens when you don't eat for 12 hours?

Good question.  I know people who can go all day without eating and not blink an eye.  Yesterday I would have told you I couldn't make it 6 before not being able to function.  Guess you could either call it anemic, blood sugar issues, or God's blessing me with the inability to have an eating disorder because he knew I get distracted.  College has taught me a lot about eating, and the issues that I face eating at odd times.  Last week, it had only been 2 hours since I had eaten, but stress, anxiety, and adrenaline running out made me totally crash. 

Today, I ate breakfast around 7.  I went to class, came back, worked on a few things, left for my next class at 11, just like normal MWF.  Then after class I had a heart to heart with one professor, got help from another and by the time I made it home to change out stuff and head back to school to work on a project, it was almost 2.  No food since 7.  I worked on school stuff for hours, until time flew and it was time to leave the library for my 6pm class.  Still no food.  Still walking.  I made it home without incident around 7:30, and fixed two pieces of pizza.  I had to force myself to fix it, much more to starting eating it.  It had been so long since I'd eaten, I felt sick to my stomach at the thought of food.  I've made it through the first piece and I think I might just be sick.  I'm hungry and full at the same time.  No appetite at all.  I don't even want to eat the chocolate cake I brought in here to save my sugars if they started going haywire.  Now that's just depressing all on its own. 

I think this might have something to do with the fact that the last 24 hours have made me ridiculously happy, I have had 3.5 hours of sleep on the day, and I still have hours of homework to accomplish before getting shut-eye. 

ONLY 10 class days left.  I can make it, but where did the semester go?!?!?

If I had been careless, who knows how long this could have gone on before my body gave out!  I guess, for the most part, that's why I'm lucky enough to not be able to go long periods of time without eating before my body starts shutting down, guess today was the exception, but I can't count on having this good fortune in the future.  Crashes really freak people out, they tend to overreact and send me to the ER, and that's the last thing I need. 

I'm off to finish homework, try to eat some more to fight off a losing cycle of no food, no strength until I get sick. 

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment