Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The amount of sugar I consume is inversely proportional to my running performance

Yes, I'm a math geek.  So what inversely proportional means is when one item gets bigger, the other gets smaller at the same rate.  Directly proportional is when the two items grow or shrink together.  Just a little math lesson from your neighborhood math geek. 

Okay, now to what it really means: on Monday I got distracted and I went a little overboard on a sweet treat. . .right before I went for a run.  BAD idea.  Just a really bad idea.  I felt it from the time I took the first step.  I had a terrible pace (uh 2 minutes total time SLOWER than average), and I was only able to do 2 laps instead of 3.  BLAH.  But it was a good lesson learned.  But the good news is that the inverse of this is true.  Holding off on fast food and sugar provides great results!

Now, Imma brag on my self.  So I went lax, if you will, on my goals.  No more specific timeline for weight loss.  I just want to have a net loss each month.  I want to be consistent in tracking and exercise.  I don't want to have any specific fitness goals, I'm not running to train for a race, I'm running to be healthy, to push myself, and most importantly, FUN!  I have a specially chosen play list that pushes me and makes me happy. 

So what did I get for all my effort: -2.2!  How exciting.  Then, today, because it was such a good day, I got my car back yesterday, and I had an impressive loss (all adds up to one HAPPY camper), my pace was fabulous!  I did the whole 3 laps 2 minutes faster than average.  That shaved more than a minute off my pace.  Hello 12 minute pace!  WOOHOO!!  And all 3 laps were within 30 seconds of each other, so I was a lot more consistent then I have been. 

All in all, a fabulous start to another great week!

A side note on my car, if I ever have to part with it permanently (*sniff*), it will be a very sad day, week, month, you get it.  Very, very sad.  9 days and I missed it so much.

4 weeks from today is the last day of classes for the semester.  Where did it go?!?!

Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment