Saturday, September 10, 2011

To read signs or not to read signs, that is the question.

Wow, well I really meant to post about the 100th thing that I thought of.  I'm going to run 100 laps at the track on campus.  I already have 4 down.  It was funny actually, I ran 4 laps around the track, and was so excited that I ran a mile, I then walked a half a mile, and while I was cooling down, I read the sign that said 1 mile is 6.5 laps.  *Rolls eyes and laughs aloud*.  I laughed about it all the way to my car, which was a half hour hike.  I am certainly getting much more exercise now than I was, it's awesome.  I suppose if I had read that sign before, I would have only run 3 laps, the 4th almost killed me, but I did it because I thought it was a mile, now I'll do it because I know I can.  There was also a sign directing which way to go around the track on which days, not really useful reading that one either, it is the best idea to go the same direction as everyone else and hope the first person on the track went about the correct way.  And as I typed that, it sounded very passive and follower to me, and I almost didn't like it, but I suppose there are times, when it's best to follow, and there are times when it's best to break from the pack and lead.  Lose the battle, win the war types of scenarios, or is Win the battle Lose the war?  Food for thought.  


I think the second thing I'm going to do that involves 100 is go 100 days with NO soda.  I do not count Sweet Tea in this, not sure why, and this is not cutting out caffeine.  I almost said I wouldn't survive without it, however, I made it a full day on campus studying all day and a commute an hour each way very early and late and worked out at night (before the drive) all without caffeine.  It was impressive really.  I was impressed.  Almost impressed enough to try it again the next day, but not willing to push my luck.  :)


I lost a pound this week, and I have no idea how, and I hate that, I'd like to be able to spot good behavior so I can repeat.  I'll just chalk it up to being sick again, allergies I guess, I coughed up so much gunk...sorry that's a little gross.  I ate out a good bit this week, but I made decent choices, and left off the add ons (fries, soda, etc).  I feel so...so....so....well I feel something, that's for sure, which is a good thing I suppose.  I'm attempting to figure it out.  I'll get there.  


I have so many conflicting ideas running around in my head right now, for each of my blogs, it's starting to get confusing.  I suppose if I blogged more often, I wouldn't have this trouble :)


Well, all these thoughts spinning around are limiting my ability to sleep, so I'm going to blog up a storm while my other computer formats itself and re-installs Windows (ask me how much fun that is) and hopefully go to sleep after that.  


Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment