Thursday, February 7, 2013

That bowl of ice cream did nothing for the sweets craving

Or what I thought was a sweets craving.  I should know by now that all a craving is is emotions.  Here we go again.  I know you're tired of reading the following sentence almost as much as I'm tired of blogging it: I DO NOT LIKE FEELINGS.  You know in the movie The Proposal where they're on the airplane and they're going over the questions, and Sandra Bullock asks "What am I allergic to" and he said "Pine nuts and the full spectrum of human emotion"?  Yes, well wouldn't that be nice.  Not the pine nuts part, I don't even know what those are.  

I would say the feelings are feelings of being scared of commitment, but I'm not really sure that's true.  It's possible, and definitely something that a few years ago, I would have been prone to, but I learned over the last couple of years that I could commit, I was ready to permanently at one point, but that's another story for another day.  To the right person, I don't think commitment would be an issue for me.  

Maybe the emotions are that I'm drowning.  And scared that I'll screw it all up.  Scared that maybe I can't do it all, even though I want to be able to.  

Maybe I'm nervous.  I haven't run any races since the half marathon last year (you remember after which I had all but given up running -- I thought I had posted about it, but I can't find it, the only one I can find is this one. ) BUT anyways.  I had decided that when I started running again, I wasn't going to sign up for any races until I was ready to run the distance comfortably, and without injury.  I don't know that I'm totally out of the woods on the latter, but I'm definitely out of the woods on the former.  5K (3.1 miles) in 36:18.  Yes, please.  So I signed up for a race. Actually I ran the same race last year :)  It's in 2 days.  I'm a little nervous!  I'm just glad it's supposed to be warmer than the 8 degrees it was last year.  YIKES.  Well, wish me luck! :)

I've started running outside again now that it's the perfect weather for it, and I have to say, I like it SO much better than inside!!  There's more pretty scenery, people to watch, and I'm not looking at the same thing around and around and around again like on a track, or worse, a treadmill!  :)

I think I've run out of amusement, so I'm going to go to bed.  Goodnight moon :)

Until next time,
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment