Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hey you, It's me

That’s a great song by Michael W Smith.  My iPod is on shuffle.  It has been a while since my last posting.  I need to post more, especially when I’m having as much difficulty as I am currently.  My last ATL (all time low) was 7/24 and I weighed 181.4 (total weight loss of 41.4).  On Saturday I weighed in at 193.2 (total weight loss .  This is upsetting in a number of ways.  First, that’s 11.8 pounds in 11 weeks.  That’s gaining on average of 1 pound per week.  That’s the wrong direction, by the way.  In the last 4 weeks, I have gained 9.2, this week being the most upsetting, 5 pounds even gained this week.  I’ve no one to blame but me.  I’ve been eating my feelings again.  I’m so frustrated I can’t run and that I can only walk or do a stationary bike, I can barely take it anymore.

I found out the end of last week my company has a partnership with a gym a stone’s throw away from my house and they have a spin class on Wednesday night at 6:30.  I have a meeting tomorrow.  I’m going to take advantage!  I’m turning it around.  I’m tracking again, and I’m getting back into the exercise I can actually do.  I have my annual physical November 9th, so I have 4 weigh ins before then.  My goal is to lose 1.5 pounds each week leading up to that, to cover half the weight I’ve gained.  I’m hoping I don’t have to go through week 2 AGAIN.  We’ll see. 

Update on my shoulder.  Today marks 8 weeks from my surgery date.  Wow.  I’m doing “textbook ideal” says my Physical Therapist.  I’m permanently out of my sling, and I might get to start driving my car (standard transmission) as early as this weekend.  When I say drive, I mean down the street one day and hold off until I know I’m not too sore the next day.  I won’t be driving on a permanent basis for at least another week.  Which is fine.  I’ve waited 8 so far, what’s one or two more?

Until next time,
:)

1 comment:

  1. Be encouraged..that is a spin in the right direction :)
    You can do it! The difference between success and failure is .....perserverance in the right direction. You can accomplish your goal.

    ReplyDelete