Sunday, June 10, 2012

You mean it's possible to ENJOY exercise?!?!?!

A couple of times in Weight Watchers, I've heard my leader say find an activity you ENJOY. And it's true!  If you don't enjoy it, you won't do it for very long, and you'll be miserable. 


Running made me miserable.  I really hate to admit that, since I was so into it and did it for so long, but I didn't really know anything else.  I never got the runner's high, I ran to compete with myself in terms of mileage and pace.  The whole time during my runs I was counting the minutes I had left, which is kind of sad.  But it's how you learn, and I'd like to think it wasn't ALL bad.  I did get some self confidence (and a medal, albeit a participation medal) out of it :)


Tonight I went for a walk down the street to a little park about a half mile from my house. There's a play gym and swing set in the middle.  After a loop around the track (maybe quarter mile?) I got on a swing and swung for about 5 minutes.  Talk about a leg workout!  I also noticed at the end a small twinge in my abs.  Yes, please :)


The point being, I really enjoyed it.  It was a calm walk down the street, and I feel good now.


I'm going to go finish my homework for tomorrow and go have my ice cream.  


Until next time,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment