Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Some days my life sounds like a Shania Twain song

"It's about as bad as it can be..."

This morning I woke up to an e-mail from my professor saying I got a 13/20 on a project.  That's a 65.  This project will join 4-5 others and make up 20% of my grade.  I thought I did better than that!  

"Even something simple as...
forgetting to fill up on gas...
there ain't no explaination why, things like that can make you cry, ...
just gotta learn to have a laugh"

Then I found out only because I hounded my leasing office that my August rent hadn't been paid.  I could have sworn it was.  So when I came in and paid my September rent because I realized the auto-pay hadn't continued on the new lease, they just automatically applied it to August.  Without telling me. Now granted, should I be able to keep track of this?  Yes.  I set up auto-pay last year and just like a crock pot, I set it and forgot it.  They send out unpaid balance sheets about the 12th.  They didn't send out one for August and send Aug/Sept together because "there were so many new residents and transfers".  It seems like in all that moving and shifting a reminder would be a really good idea.  But no one asked me! Let me set up e-mail notifications or SOMETHING. The best they can do is I have to pay half by Friday.  Cute.  

But hey, at least I went to the gym this morning.  : | 

"When everything is going wrong....
Don't worry it won't last for long...
Yea it's all gonna come around, don't let it get you down, you gotta keep on holding on."
Just take a deep breath and push forward.  No wallowing!  And listen to happy music on repeat!

"Up, up, up.  There's no where but up from here..." and I'm sure it will.
::sigh:: just another road bump in the road to GRADUATION.  No one, including me, ever said this was going to be easy.  But I wouldn't trade the way things happened for the easy way out.  There's a lot of good that has come out of this process.  


Until next time, 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment